In earlier days LPG gas connection was being distributed based on a non-centralized registry of consumers but with advancement of technology and directives passed by government, all users of the LPG subsidy to either surrender their excess cylinders or register themselves. It has become essential to keep KYC and the DGCC booklet up to date with the personal details and address of the consumer.
In order to regularize and maintain uniformity, the process of change of name in the official KYC records is the same for all three big oil companies and their distributors operating in India. Bharat Petroleum, Indian Oil Corporation, and Hindustan Petroleum follow an identical process that requires the filling of Annexure ‘E’ through the form for transfer of LPG connection.
In order to avoid duplication of registrations and ensure that no one is taking undue advantage of the LPG subsidy, the government has mandated that all LPG consumers must be registered with their correct names and addresses. If, at any time, a registered customer wants to change his name in the official KYC records, he or she can do so by filling out the requisite form and submitting an officially recognized proof of identity and name change affidavit.
LPG Gas connections can be transferred on basis of reasons as mentioned under:
- Due to the Death of the Connection Holder: In case a registered LPG connection holder dies, his/her next of kin/legal heir can take the connection for themselves. In order to transfer the connection on these grounds, a death certificate and KYC documents (Affidavit) must be submitted to the distributor.
- Transfer within the Family:LPG connections can only be transferred to the original consumer’s father, mother, son, daughter, brother or sister. An ID proof and address proof document is required to be submitted to the LPG distributorship at the time of transfer. The declaration form has to be filled out and duly signed by both the Transferor and the Transferee.
- Transfer outside the Family: LPG connection can be transferred by a citizen to a person outside his or her family. An ID proof and address proof document must also be submitted at the time of transferring the connection for the distributor’s records and to maintain legality in the transaction. Both the Transferor and Transferee have to sign the declaration form and affidavit.
- Transfer without Consent from the Transferor: An LPG connection can be transferred onto another person’s name without presenting the signature of the original owner. The Transferee need only fill out and duly sign the declaration form with affidavit and submit the required ID and address proof.
- Regularization of LPG Connection: This is the process to follow if the LPG connection had been held without a Subscription Voucher. In this case, a process needs to be followed which will regularize the LPG connection. A set of KYC documents and affidavit needs to be filled out and submitted along with ID proof and address proof and a duly filled out declaration form.
Easydrafting.in role in providing LPG Gas Connection Affidavit:
PREPARATION TIME- 30 minutes after we receive the details for preparing the gas connection affidavit
VALUE OF THE STAMP PAPER- Rs. 10 (Will be provided by us)
NOTARY- Required (Will be provided by us)
Easydrafting.in specializes in drafting of affidavits, Rent agreement, different contracts & agreements and has an expert team of professionals including Lawyers, Company Secretaries and drafting experts.
The main aim of easy drafting is to draft and provide the document without any hassle which we face in our day to day life while dealing with legal matter.
We at easy drafting make this process friendly and provide desired documents and advise to the end user effortlessly and at minimum cost.