Leave and License in Delhi
Residents of Delhi usually opt for leave and licences, where the owner leaves the place with different facilities and gives the licensee a restricted right to use the house. In these cases, issues may occur between the two. So, it is advised to draft a license agreement carefully to prevent such issues and to protect yourself.
Leave and License Agreement in Delhi
A leave and license agreement in Delhi is an agreement for the residents of Delhi. The agreement gives licensee the permission to occupy licensor’s property. The occupancy is granted on leave and license basis and not on tenancy basis.
There are some provisions which should be included in a leave and license agreement:
- Definition of Licensor and Licensee
- Title of Licensor
- Title of Licensee
- Definition of premises
- Term of License
- Use of premises
- Consideration for license
- Security Deposit
- Furniture & Fixtures
- Other Costs & charges
- Common Facilities
- Right to Sub License
- Termination of License
Benefits of Lease and License Agreement in Delhi
The leave and license agreement benefits the Licensor as well as the Licensee. Some of the benefits are as follows:
- It binds both the parties i.e., the Licensor and the Licensee in terms of security amount, rent amount, stay duration etc.
- It allows the licensor to take more measures in case eviction is required of the licensee from the property as they are generally entered for a period of 11 months with an option to renew the agreement on its expiration.
- It protects the right of tenant to stay for certain duration and gives surety of the conditions of the stay.
How we can help you?
We at Easy Drafting, aim to provide you assistance in drafting the lease and license agreement. You can also contact us to seek consultation. We are happy to help you.