Procedure for Obtaining Aadhaar Card
Have you applied for Aadhaar card yet? Are you confused about the procedure? Don’t worry. This article will tell you all that you need to know about the process through which you apply for your Aadhaar card both in the online and offline manner.
An aadhaar card is a unique identification number allotted to you by the government of India which serves as your identity throughput the country. The application for aadhaar card is completely free of cost and the enrolment can be done all over India through the recognised aadhaar centers which have been established all over India.
If you want to opt for the offline registration then you can do so by filling up the application form which can be obtained from any of the enrollment centers. However, if you want to apply online, then you need to visit the website of Unique Identification Authority of India where you can easily fill up the application form.
Let’s understand the online aadhar card registration process in detail –
- Visit https://appointments.uidai.gov.in/ and fill up the application form obtained from the website by providing very carefully the required details.
- Now, after you have filled up the details select the enrolment center as per your convenience.
- Also, select the date along with the time that you want to visit the enrolment center to book an appointment. It is advised to first check the slots available on your desired date. Appointment can be obtained up to a maximum of 30 days in advance.
What to keep in mind while visiting the enrolment center –
- Keep in mind to carry the required documents and other necessary things with you and other things with you.
- You are required to provide your address proof at the time of the registration process. For this purpose, you are provided with 18 options by UIDAI. A detailed description of that is available at https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/ssup-instructions.
- List of valid documents for data update are also provided on the above link. The page also contains information regarding what documents are considered as proof of identity, proof of date of birth and proof of address.
- You will be required to present with your photograph, finger prints and an eye scan at the enrolment center.
After the completion of the registration process, your aadhaar card would be delivered to you generally in 2 to 3 months.