Revocation of Power of Attorney in Delhi
In many cases Power of Attorney is drafted for a certain transaction for which the Principal is not able to do because of some reasons. When the transaction is completed, the attorney’s power comes to an end. In this situation there can also be problems such as lost trust in Attorney; fear of getting cheated; found someone else more trustworthy etc. So, in such circumstances the principal can revoke the power of attorney and for that he can execute a Revocation of Power of Attorney deed.
There are cases which can lead to cancellation of Power of Attorney deed:
- Death of Principal
- Issual of Power of Attorney document
- Act has come to an end for which POA was created
- Principal has lost trust in Attorney
- Principal has found someone more trustworthy who can act on his/her behalf
- Appointed Attorney could not be able to perform his duties
The best way to cancel a Power of Attorney is by creating another legal document which is called the Revocation of Power of Attorney. Revocation of Power of Attorney is a written confirmation that the Principal has revoked all the powers which were given to the attorney.
Details to be included in Revocation of Power of Attorney Deed
The Revocation Power of Attorney Deed should include:
- Name of Principal same as in the previous deed
- Date of power of attorney deed which is now being cancelled
- Name of Attorney in whose favor the power was granted in previous deed
- Date and Reason for Revocation of Power of Attorney
Benefits of Revocation of Power of Attorney
- The Principal can get his powers back after the Revocation of Power of Attorney.
- There can be no threat to Principal of misuse of his powers by attorney.
- It safeguards the powers of Principal.
How we can help you?
We at Easy Drafting have a team of renowned lawyers and legal experts who are knowledgeable and expertise. We provide drafting of legal documents and consultation. You can contact us any time to avail our fast, hassle free services.