PROCEDURE TO OBTAIN A INTERNATIONAL DRIVING LICENCE
INTERNATIONAL DRIVING LICENCE AND PERMIT
- International Driving License is official document issued by the motor licensing authority of government which certify that the foreign holder is suitably qualified to drive vehicle in visiting country.
- International permit is valid for a period of not more than one year from the date of issue or till the validity of driving license, whichever is earlier.
- Application for the International Driving License can be made to the licensing authority having jurisdiction over the resides of the holder of the Driving license ordinarily resides or carries on business along with relevant documents.
- Citizen are required to get their license from the country they‘re visiting within one year period.
ESSENTIAL DOCUMENT REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF APPLYING FOR AN INTERNATIONAL DRIVING PERMIT
- Driving license
- Attested copy of Address proof
- Attested copy of Birth certificate
- Valid passport
- Valid visa
- Fees and stamp duty as per government guidance
- Two recent passport size photo
PROCEDURE FOR APPLYING DRIVING LICENCE
- Application shall be made in Form 4 and should attach
- A learner’s license with the applicant giving detail of Type of vehicle i.e. Two wheel or four wheel or Heavy vehicle.
- Fees and Stamp Duty
- Medical Certificate
- Form will be submitted at fees Counter and receipt received.
- Driving Test
- The applicant should then appear for the Driving test with the Motor Inspector.
- Applicant shall appear for Driving License Test only after he has held the Learner’s License for a period of 30 Days.
- If applicant has not pass the test even after three Test then he shall re-appear only after the expiry of 60 days from the date of last test.
- An interview of road signals and question regarding the road safety are questioned from the applicant.
- If applicant is unable to pass interview then application can be rejected.
- Generally interview and driving test is done together by the Motor Inspector.
- Delivery of Driving License
The Driving license will be delivered to the applicant registered Address as given in the application through the Indian Postal Service.